Saturday, September 7, 2024

The amazing one #tl018

Dutch Mountain Trail

first leg

Hello, fellow wanderers!💕

I’m beyond excited to share my experience on this adventure—it was nothing short of amazing and definitely one of the most challenging hikes I’ve ever done. Even two weeks later, I’m still thinking about it. It’s etched in my mind as one of the most daring and beautiful trips yet!
As the title suggests, I’m talking about the Dutch Mountain Trail, considered one of the most difficult hikes in the Netherlands.

The full trail stretches 101 kilometers and is typically divided into four segments, with seven summits to conquer along the way. Of course, you can tailor it to your pace! I kept my daily mileage to around 10–15 kilometers (I’m not exactly trained for long distances).
Before you set off, here's a quick heads-up: while you don’t need extensive training to tackle this trail, it is a physically demanding hike, especially the final stretch with a steep climb. Proper footwear with good grip is essential. When I went, the trail was still a bit muddy, and even though the weather had been dry, certain parts were really slippery. So be prepared!
The trail begins near Eygelshoven Station, and I’ll be honest—the first part wasn’t super exciting. But trust me, as you continue, the landscape transforms into something breathtaking. The scenery becomes so gorgeous and fascinating that you’ll forget the less thrilling start.
Now, seriously—stop reading and go experience it yourself! 😁 If you’ve already hiked the Dutch Mountain Trail, I’d love to hear about your journey. Drop a comment and share your experience!

One of the highlights for me was the forest section. You’ll pass by a picturesque lake, cross a quaint bridge, and soon after, you’ll start your first ascent toward the Wilhelminaberg. The diversity of the trail is incredible—charming villages, serene lakes, adventurous paths—it’s got everything a nature lover could want.
Another bonus: I barely saw anyone else on the trail, so it was peaceful and quiet. This trip has me itching for more hikes in the future!

Until next time! 👋





 



 Quick Stats:

📅07-9-2024
🗒 8.84 km
⏲3h34m
👣12273 steps
⛿ 2.5 km/u

GPX file: click here

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment