Sunday, June 26, 2022

first trip is a go! #tl1

 Travel Log
#001


So, this is my first trip in a long, long time.
I love my bike, but it does do a number on my joints and muscles so I'm really slowly trying to build up to bigger trips.
But the first trip is a go! I was planning on trying to find a recreation place near the water.
Knowing me it's going to take waaaay longer.
I'm not really good with directions and I am still learning to use google maps for the bike.
I was excited though!
and now back from my trip.. I had a blast.
The weather wasn't super great, it kept threatening to start raining, but hey.. that's the Netherlands for you. We are used to it [sort of XD].
So for the first part, I was led through the streets near my house. But quickly I turned into a super cute little path through the woods.
Immediately I was thinking, this is only four minutes away from my home and I never even knew it existed!
how sad is that?
If that isn't a statement of how I've been living... I don't know what.
My world has become so tiny. Just going from home to work, grocery store [sometimes], and back home.
The worst thing is... I'm sure I'm not the only one.
So for a little while, we went forward on this small path towards a typical dutch country road. I even was led past a small petting zoo for children.
Again I never even knew this existed so close to my home. It makes it even more fun to explore and I'm so excited for the future trips I'll be making.
Of course, it isn't a Dutch country road without seeing a lot of farms, and omg.. there were soo many huge houses.
Pff talking about expensive and what a view these people have. They must love it!
And then we were almost there.
We just had to climb up the dike and travel a little further. The funny thing was that there was actually a race going on with professional cyclists. Pretty cool. I didn't end up making it to the exact destination because of the race and I wasn't feeling fit enough to start searching for a different route.
I think I know where to go next time, so we will return again and see if we can find the spot!

 

ETA 11 minutes - speed 17 km/h 

No comments:

Post a Comment