Summer is here!! and with that the heat!
I was thinking I might wanted to go for a swim if it really got hot [the weather report was warning us of a heat wave].
When I woke up though, it was only 22 degrees celsius. Which is perfect for cycling but not so much for jumping in a cold lake [I get cold reaaaally fast].
But I was excited to discover a new place and chill at the waterfront [the sea is only reachable by car for me].
So I grabbed a cup of coffee and got the stuff [which is becoming more and more] and bike ready.
In the beginning, the road isn't that spectacular.. you're just driving through streets with houses everywhere. But then... wauw.. we turned onto a [what I call] a country road [a road with usually two bike lanes on each side, leading from town to town] . It was so much fun cycling from one town to another, seeing small churches, bistros, and cafes, and when you left the town seeing farms beautiful and wide open spaces.
I just love this country so much, the world is so beautiful.
It feels so good to just slow down and enjoy what is around you.
Eventually, we crossed the bridge to get over the river, de maas, and then we were almost there. Finding a nice spot to lie down wasn't that easy though and google was absolutely no help [no surprise there] but we made it and we will definitely return!.
No comments:
Post a Comment