|
Sorry for the lack of posts lately. As I mentioned in a couple of blogs now, my energy level has really taken a nose dive. I'm really trying to push through it but the truth is that sometimes I can't even get my basic house stuff done. It will be alright, I'm sure and I'm not trying to get sympathy or anything. I just wanted to let you know and apologize for the lack of trips/posts.
Buuuuuttttt, we do have some updates stuff! And I wanted to talk a bit about the gear I usually take with me. So, the new stuff.. I was so excited about this one! It's a travel basket for my little cuty, Cleo(patra) and she got a new harness which is hopefully more comfortable than the one she has now [she hates harnesses XD]. The basket is beautiful and seems sturdy enough. It's administered to the handlebar [steering wheel?] which was a small problem. I had to move the cycle computer and the phone holder. When the basket is on the rack it seems fine and secure. But I also cycled a bit without the basket and didn't take the time to take the rack off and it was horrible, it needs the basket's weight to be pushed against the handlebar, making it stable. Another thing I also noticed straight away was the weight. When I have Cleo inside, who weighs around 4,5 kg, steering becomes pretty heavy. Not a big problem, of course, you can train to get used to it but I can't say it feels comfortable going around corners. Next to that, my cat isn't the bravest XD. She did well on the first ride but you could see she was not really enjoying it. Now, Of course, I'm gonna try training it in smaller steps but she has to enjoy it, if not that's okay too, I'm not gonna make her come with me. I'm also thinking my bike might not be the best for this kind of weight. it's a city bike, not a trek bike. So that was the biggest gear update, new stuff <3 Now, I also installed two panniers on the back baggage carrier. I already had these and they are a little too cutesy for my taste but I'm still training, getting back to cycling, to see If it's something I can keep doing. If it all goes well then I might start thinking about a bike change [even though I love the look of the one I have] and getting started with changing the panniers and stuff. Who knows what the future will bring.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment