Today was a hard one. I had a on call shift last weekend and now woke up to a text saying someone was sick at work. Fortunatly I never received a call if I could come in so I started planning a trip. The weather was bad but I just wanted to be active. I came up with a route over the dyke [again] leading to a big lake with a small island [the green island]
I started cycling and multiple times thought about turning back. It was drizzling and at the same time hot, making it really sticky weather to cycle. I hate it, I've always prefered the cold over heat. Halfway through the journey the sun came through and all of the sudden it was SUMMER.. jeez, it became hot. Google did mes up the trip a couple of times, making the trip go from 51 minutes to 1h15 or so. It was a challenge for real.
Arriving at the destination I couldn't see much, it was hidden by a lot of trees and far away so I decided to walk around for a bit I ended up following the signs for green island and just sat down for a while, enjoying the scenery. again, it is a place I would like to return to, I feel like there is a lot to explore. So who knows what the future wil bring
No comments:
Post a Comment