Monday, July 8, 2024

Operation Market Garden #tl015

Operation Market Garden

#tl015

We're back on our Airborne Path journey πŸ’•, picking up right where we left off last time. The road has been beautiful, though not as insightful as we’d hoped. Yet, when you pause to reflect, it's incredibly powerful to walk in the footsteps of soldiers who once fought for our freedom. πŸ’ͺ

Today, we move on from where the path last brought us to the dyke. For a while, we follow the dyke, and the view is nothing short of breathtaking. It never ceases to amaze me, no matter how many times I’ve explored this area.

As we reach Ewijk, the journey takes us off the dyke and onto a road that winds past several farms. And finally, we encounter the first sign we’re on the right track (as I’ve mentioned before, finding signs has been a bit of a challenge!). Three large metal structures shaped like parachutes mark the spot, along with a sign indicating the significance of this field. I can only imagine that this is where, all those years ago, brave men landed during the war. It’s an awe-inspiring and fascinating place to see.

This is also a perfect stopping point for today. We’ll leave the final stretch for the next blog—hope you’ll join me then!

πŸ‘‹

ps: please let me know what you would like for me to mention in these blogs, because sometimes I really struggle with these texts.

 



 


  Quick Stats:

πŸ“…
8-7-2024
πŸ—’8.07 km
⏲152 minutes
πŸ‘£9775 steps
⛿ 3.4 km/u

 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment