Tuesday, November 26, 2024

Let's talk gear!

Let's talk Gear!

gear update 2


***Welcome***

well hellow fellow wanderer! ✋
Thank you for being here and reading another of my blogpost. I really really appreciate it!
So you are here to find out more about what I bring on a journey.
In case you haven't noticed my cycling journey has become more of a hiking journey so ofcourse with that also my gear changed.
I will try to provide links to the stores where I bought it [if it's still available]
so, without further ado, let's unpack!


 
*The trusty backpack*

I’ve got two main bags for my hiking adventures: a smaller one for the actual hikes and a larger one that stays packed with spare items like extra clothes and braces, just in case.
Let’s start with the small bag, which has been my trusty companion for over six years now. I fell in love with its gorgeous blue color, and honestly, you can’t go wrong with The North Face as a brand. I bought it through bol.com, though I’m not sure if it’s still available.
What I love most about this bag is its design, there are several compartments, and some even have a soft, cushioned lining to protect your gear. It’s perfect if you’re carrying something delicate like a tablet. Plus, the bag is surprisingly spacious and extremely sturdy, despite its compact appearance.
The only downside I’ve noticed over the years is that the fabric isn’t as waterproof as I’d like. Unfortunately, it doesn’t hold up well against typical Dutch rain showers.


 


 



 
*What's on the Outside*

Before diving into what’s inside my bag, let’s talk about what I carry on the outside! 😅 It’s not much, but for those who are curious, here’s a breakdown.

On each side of my bag, I usually carry two water bottles. Sometimes I use O2Life bottles, each holding 750 ml. I love the company’s motto, Life to the fullest, and their red fruit & cranberry flavor is delicious! Though, most of the time, I just fill them with water since they come with sturdy sport caps. If I know the weather will be warm, I switch them out for my 1-liter SodaStream bottles—because honestly, you can never have too much water!

Now, for my latest addition to the gear: the DJI Osmo backpack strap for my DJI Osmo Action 4 camera! YESSSS, I finally got a camera! 🥳🎉 So, in the future, you might even see some footage from my hikes!

* O2Life [jumbo/albert heijn]
* Dji Osmo action 4 [[coolblue]]
* Dji Osmo backpack strap [[coolblue]]

 
*
What's Inside My Backpack: The Essentials*

Now, let’s dive into the essentials I keep inside my backpack. It’s not a lot, but it covers all the basics!

First up, the must-haves: food. I usually pack things that are easy to eat on the go, like bread and nuts—simple but effective. I also carry basic painkillers and a muscle-warming balm, just in case I need a little extra support during the hike.

One thing I always bring is a large blanket. It’s great for taking a break and sitting down comfortably, or in case I get unexpectedly cold. As for my hobbies, I never go anywhere without something to read or write. So, you’ll find a book (or my e-reader) and some pens and paper tucked into my bag as well.

Since I’ve added a camera to my gear, I now also carry a few extras: chargers, a power bank, spare batteries, and various mounts to attach the camera in different ways.

* Lab31 storage case
* weload usb c charger

 



 



 *Shoes, Tech, and Must-Haves

Now, let’s dive into some other essential gear I always bring along, starting with one of the most important things for any hiker—shoes! 💕 I’ve been a longtime fan of Human Nature shoes. My previous pair was simply amazing, but after years of wear and tear, they finally gave out. I needed a replacement, so I went with the Ashfield High walking shoes, and once again... wow! These shoes are a game-changer. I can walk for miles without feeling any discomfort or fatigue in my feet. The support, comfort, and durability are unmatched. Honestly, this brand deserves all the credit for keeping my feet happy on those long hikes. 💖

Aside from shoes, I always carry my activity tracker or smartwatch—sometimes even both! They’re essential for monitoring my step count, tracking the distance I’ve covered, and keeping an eye on my heart rate. It’s a great way to stay on top of my fitness goals while enjoying the outdoors.

And, of course, my phone is a must-have. Not only do I use it to capture photos of the trail, but it’s also my go-to tool for navigation. I often use the Pacer app to create GPX files for my blog, helping me map out my hikes and share them with others.

These few items—my shoes, tracker, and phone—are essentials that make each hike more enjoyable, comfortable, and fun. They help me stay connected with the trail and document my adventures.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment