Wednesday, March 19, 2025

Flooded Plains #tl027

The Flooded Plains
#TravelLog27


Unexpected Adventures in Beuningen & Weurt 🌿🐎

Hello, fellow Wanderers! ✋✨ Welcome back to another travel log—thank you so much for being here! πŸ’™

Today’s plan? A simple, easy-going walk through the floodplains near the dike of the charming towns of Beuningen and Weurt. Sounds peaceful, right? Well… 🀦‍♀️

For some reason, this trail wrecked me. πŸ˜… I have no idea why—there were no major climbs, the terrain wasn’t difficult, and the distance (12 km) is something I’ve walked plenty of times before. Yet, somehow, it felt like I had hiked double the distance! πŸ₯΅

But here’s the thing—the hardest walks often bring the most beautiful moments. And this one? No exception! πŸ’™

✨ Quaint Historic Towns – Both Beuningen & Weurt are so charming, with cute streets and historic landmarks worth exploring. 🏑
✨ Scenic Dike Views – Walking along the dike, I was greeted with breathtaking panoramic views—rolling fields, winding rivers, and endless skies. πŸŒ…
✨ Floodplain Wonders – The real magic happened when I stepped onto the floodplains, where I found:
πŸ¦† Lakes filled with a huge variety of birds
🐎 A herd of wild horses (which I literally had to maneuver around πŸ˜…)
πŸ„ Grazing cows adding to the peaceful atmosphere

I love how mistakes often lead to the best discoveries. This trail tested me, but it also rewarded me with some of the most incredible views and wildlife encounters. Totally worth it! πŸ’•

πŸ”Ή Have you ever taken a trail that unexpectedly challenged you? Let me know in the comments! πŸ‘‡

Until next time, happy wandering! πŸ‘‹✨


 



 



 Quick Stats:

πŸ“…19-03-2025
πŸ—’ 12.29 km
⏲3u59m
πŸ‘£18436 steps
⛿ 3.3 km/u
♡ 152 bpm
⛰ 25 m

 





 



 



 






 




-

No comments:

Post a Comment