Monday, March 10, 2025

Fen to Fen #tl026

Fen to Fen
#TravelLog 26

Discovering Herperduin: A Hidden Gem in Nature 🌿💙

Hello, fellow wanderers! ✋
Even though I’m still recovering from the intense N70 hike (seriously, my legs feel like lead! 😅), I just couldn’t resist the urge to get outside and explore. This time, I wanted something more relaxed—a place to simply enjoy nature without pushing myself too hard. And wow… did I make the right choice!

Welcome to Herperduin! 🌲✨

The moment I arrived, I knew this place was special. After crossing a busy street, I was immediately captivated—towering trees lined the path, leading into a narrow, winding sand trail that dipped and rose gently, surrounded by the sounds of rustling leaves and birdsong. It was pure magic. 💕

I could instantly picture myself coming back here just to sit, read, write, and exist—a peaceful sanctuary away from the world. And then… I reached Klompven.

The Stunning Klompven Lake 🌊💙

Walking out of the dense forest, I found myself standing before a breathtaking lake with crystal-clear water, framed by golden sandbanks and soft, rolling dunes. LOVE… LOVE… LOVE! 😍 The contrast between the forest and this open, sunlit expanse made it feel like I had just stepped into a different world.

Ganzenven: A Different Kind of Beauty 🌿🏞️

Not far from Klompven, I stumbled upon another lake—Ganzenven—and I was blown away again, but for completely different reasons. While Klompven felt bright and open, Ganzenven was mysterious and secluded, surrounded by thick trees that hid most of the shoreline from view. The water looked deeper, darker, almost mystical, giving the whole place an enchanted, secret-garden vibe.

I love how these two lakes, so close together, offer completely different atmospheres.

More to Explore! 🏃‍♂️🌲

Herperduin isn’t just about beautiful scenery—there’s so much more to do!

✔️ A natural playground where kids can build, play, and interact with water. 🌊
✔️ Outdoor fitness stations with exercises like rope swings & ab benches. 💪
✔️ A lookout tower offering panoramic views of the entire region. 🏞️

Honestly, this place has something for everyone—whether you want to hike, relax, explore, or even get in a workout. I barely scratched the surface of what Herperduin has to offer, and I can’t wait to come back and wander more of its hidden trails.

If you’re ever in the area, add this to your list! Whether you’re looking for a quiet retreat or a fun adventure, Herperduin has it all.

Until next time…
happy wandering!
👋


 


  
Quick Stats:

📅10-03-2025
🗒 7.98 km
⏲2u37m
👣13622 steps
⛿ 3.3 km/u
♡ 148 bpm
⛰ 58 m

GPX link

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


-

 

No comments:

Post a Comment