Friday, July 1, 2022

Shopping trip #tl003

 

TravelLog
#003

I was feeling excited! and ready to make a longer trip. It felt so much fun to get the bike ready, filling the backs with stuff. It felt good like I would be able to do this for longer. I've been looking for something to fit into my routine, something that was healthy but didn't feel like a job. A gym is not something I feel comfortable with at the moment.

So the trip today took me to Halfords and the ANWB shop. I was hoping to buy a bidon halter for my bike. Of course, you could shop online but it felt like a nice trip and I always like seeing the product with my own eyes. Especially the way to connect it as my bike has a very big frame. At around midday, the trip started. And it actually went pretty well. I wasn't tired, my muscles didn't ache. I was so proud! The only time I was out of breath was when I needed to get up a bridge which is understandable. I've never been good with climbs. Not even when I was still riding my bike to school and rode 30 kilometers a day.

But then the way back came. Managing a 21 km/h speed on the way to the city, I barely managed 15 km/h back. I don't know what it was. I felt so tired, my legs hurt, I was out of breath... it was hard and yes there was a lot of headwind... let's just say I'm going to need a lot more practice. I do find it funny though when you are in the city, there are soooo many bikes. It is such a big part of our culture, so ingrained. I love it! as a cyclist you are pretty safe, everywhere are places to place your bike. You don't need to think about it... almost everywhere you want to go, you can go by bike. The trip might not have been a success finding stuff but I am proud of this little country.

 




 

 ETA 45 minutes - distance 11 km - speed 18 km/h


 


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment