Monday, September 1, 2025

Reichswald #tl029

 Reichswald
#travellog029


Into the Reichswald: My First Hike Abroad! πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ🌲

Hello, fellow Wanderers! ✋
It’s been a while since my last blog post—life and work have been absolutely crazy, and honestly, I just didn’t have the energy to explore new routes. To keep myself moving, I’ve been hitting the gym instead, trying to get stronger and in better shape. It’s been helpful, but deep down I miss hiking so much.

Sometimes it’s frustrating—15 km feels like my max, while my dreams are to double that distance or even try a via ferrata one day. But hey, every big dream starts with small steps, right? And today’s step was a big one: my very first hike outside the Netherlands! πŸ™Œ


The Trail: Reichswald Forest 🌳✨

We packed our bags and drove into Germany, heading to the Reichswald. Even the drive itself felt exciting—passing through those cute little towns gave me such a rush. I know it was “just” because everything was new, but it honestly felt epic.

Once we parked and hit the trail, the world went quiet. Despite it being a weekend with perfect weather, there wasn’t a soul in sight. The silence was incredible—it felt like the whole forest belonged to us.

The Reichswald is absolutely gorgeous. Sunlight poured through the green canopy, making the forest glow in shades of gold and emerald. The paths were diverse—sometimes broad forest roads, sometimes narrow, almost hidden trails that felt magical to discover. I was in the flow, moving faster than usual, and it felt so motivating!


The Struggle: When Asphalt Hits πŸ˜…

The final stretch was less magical. The trail led onto an asphalt road past several farms. Still nice, but not the forest wonderland of the beginning. By then, my feet were aching and there weren’t many spots to rest.

So when I finally saw the last uphill climb, it honestly felt like Mount Everest was in front of me. My energy was gone, my pace slowed to a crawl—but step by step, I made it to the top. πŸ’ͺ


Was It Worth It? 100% YES! πŸ™πŸŒ²

Despite the tough ending, I’d absolutely do this hike again. It’s peaceful, it’s beautiful, and it’s a fantastic training route. And best of all—it reminded me that I can keep going, even when it gets hard.

✨ What makes this trail special?
✔️ The silence—you’ll have the forest all to yourself.
✔️ Vibrant forest scenery and magical hidden paths.
✔️ A mix of easy stretches and challenging climbs—great training!


Would I Do It Again?

Absolutely. Stronger, better prepared, and ready to enjoy it even more! πŸ’ͺ

I also recently joined Komoot, so if you’d like the GPX file for this route, send me a message and I’ll happily share the link.

Until next time—happy wandering! πŸ‘‹✨


 





 


 

 Quick Stats:

πŸ“…31-08-2025
πŸ—’ 15.77 km
⏲4u24m
πŸ‘£24442 steps
α¨’ 223 m
⛿ 3.8 km/u
♡ 154 bpm
technical
πŸ‘ŸπŸ‘Ÿ (2/5)
experience
πŸŽ’
πŸŽ’πŸŽ’ (3/5)

 


 


 


 


 


 


 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment