Monday, September 22, 2025

Müllerthal Trail #tl031


Müllerthal Trail
TravelLog 031 


A Trail Worth the Courage 🌿🪨

Hello, fellow Wanderers! ✋

I was so excited for this trip. I had researched it beforehand, and the photos looked absolutely stunning. Ever since a food representative once told me about this trail, it had been sitting on my wish list. After driving to Reichswald, gaining more confidence driving in Germany, and putting in some serious gym training, I finally found the courage to take on this longer journey.

And wow… it did not disappoint.

Finding parking took me a moment—only to discover there’s a massive parking lot right on the trail 😅. Even better (and honestly not unimportant): the hike starts next to a public restroom 🙌. A small detail, but a very welcome one!


A Magical Start 🌉✨

The beginning of the trail is absolutely amazing. A charming wooden bridge carries you over a river and straight into the adventure. Almost immediately, you’re greeted by towering rock walls, thickly overgrown with plants. It feels mysterious, quiet, and slightly otherworldly.

There’s some elevation early on, mostly via rocky and natural staircases that wind between these massive stones. Walking there made me feel incredibly small—yet at the same time powerful and adventurous. The trail is diverse, playful, and full of character, and I was completely in my element.

Forest Miles and a Hidden Treasure 💧💙

After that magical start, the trail settles into a long stretch of forest. Pleasant, but for several kilometers it wasn’t particularly spectacular. And then—just when I wasn’t expecting it—it happened.
A small, almost hidden wooden staircase leads downward. Take it. I nearly walked past it, but going down those steps turned out to be the best decision of the entire hike.
OMG.
Overgrown rocks drip water into the clearest blue pool I have ever seen. It was breathtaking. Even now, months later as I’m writing this, I can honestly say I would drive the entire way again just for that spot. Absolute magic. 

A Beautiful Bridge… and the Crowds 😅

As the trail slowly turns back toward the end, I came across another beautiful location: an old, round stone bridge. Its reflection in the water makes it look like a perfect circle—truly stunning. Unfortunately, it was very busy. There were so many people that taking photos was nearly impossible, and that frustration made me pick up my pace and keep moving.

Final Thoughts 🌲

➕ Diverse trail
➕ Beautiful scenery
➕ Easy parking & restroom access

➖ Very crowded in places
➖ Not many rest spots along the way

If you’ve ever been to Müllerthal, I’d love to hear about your experience!
Until next time—happy wandering! 👋✨

 

 



 


 

 Quick Stats:

🏳 
Möllerdall
7681 Müllerthal Waldbillig
📅22-09-2025
🗒 12.44 km
⏲4u13m
👣19556 steps
ᨒ 304 m
⛿ 4.2 km/u
♡ 154 bpm
technical
👟👟👟 (3/5)
experience
🎒
🎒🎒 (3/5)

 




 



 



 



 

  

 




No comments:

Post a Comment